- Our latest Care Inspectorate report gave us an average of five stars. Read the inspection report here or visit the care commission website (search Edinburgh and click on adoption)
Quality of Care and Support 5 – Very Good Quality of Staffing 5 – Very Good Quality of Management and Leadership 4 – Good
- The City of Edinburgh Council successfully places children for adoption each year. We feel it’s important where possible for children to continue to live in their own communities. This means that many of Edinburgh’s children are successfully placed within Edinburgh and surrounding areas. Where necessary, we will place with adopters who live further away.
- We have prioritised adoption services in Edinburgh and will seek to match and place children registered for adoption with our own City of Edinburgh approved adopters before looking to use any other agency.
- We have an in-depth knowledge of the children registered for adoption and have made a commitment to recruiting and supporting adopters for them. The children have their own allocated City of Edinburgh social worker and are placed with City of Edinburgh foster carers. We work closely together with our paediatrician and other colleagues in NHS Lothian and City of Edinburgh education staff on the child’s plan to achieve permanence through adoption.
- We have skilled, knowledgeable and supportive social workers who work alongside adopters from that first phone call right through to adoption and post adoption support.
- City of Edinburgh adopters are offered a range of therapeutic services. We have staff trained in Theraplay and offer individual and group sessions to prepare and support children and their families. All our staff have also been trained in Dyadic Developmental Practice.