We place Edinburgh’s children with our carers first. We have children needing placements from birth to 18 years.
As a local foster carer for the City of Edinburgh Council, you will benefit from:
- access to a great support package including training courses and in-depth preparation groups
- the best fostering match for you and your family by working closely with our recruitment team and the children’s social workers
- consistent placements. The Council requires placements for all age groups throughout the year
- a 28 day paid retainer if you are between placements
- 21 days paid holiday per year
- becoming part of the Council’s team of around 300 carers
- Council-led carers local support groups
- family outings and social events
- our employee benefits scheme
- a fulfilling career where you get a chance to make a real difference to young people’s lives
As a Foster with Edinburgh carer you become part of the team around the child and help in caring, planning, and supporting your foster child’s future.
Common myths about fostering with us
- You don’t have to be married – you can be single, living with someone, or be in a same sex relationship
- You don’t need a spare room to foster a child from birth to two
- You don’t have to own the house or flat you live in
- You don’t have to come from a certain ethnic background
Come and foster with us. We urgently need local foster carers for local children from birth to 18. They need you too.