Come and foster with us. We urgently need local foster carers for local children from birth to 21. They need you too.
As a Foster with Edinburgh carer you become part of the team around the child and help in caring, planning, and supporting your foster child’s future.
We place Edinburgh’s children with our carers first. We have children needing placements from birth to 21 years.
As a local foster carer for the City of Edinburgh Council, you will benefit from:
- access to a great support package including training courses and in-depth preparation groups
- the best fostering match for you and your family by working closely with our recruitment team and the children’s social workers
- consistent placements. The Council requires placements for all age groups throughout the year
- a 28 day paid retainer if you are between placements
- 21 days paid holiday per year
- becoming part of the Council’s team of around 300 carers
- Council-led carers local support groups
- family outings and social events
- our employee benefits scheme
- a fulfilling career where you get a chance to make a real difference to young people’s lives
Common myths about fostering with us
- You don’t have to be married – you can be single, living with someone, or be in a same sex relationship
- You don’t need a spare room to foster a child from birth to two
- You don’t have to own the house or flat you live in
- You don’t have to come from a certain ethnic background