The City of Edinburgh Council processes personal data in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We are the data controller, with registration number: Z5545409.
Cookies are safe as they cannot be used to spread viruses. Cookies we use cannot be used to identify you personally as no personal information such as telephone numbers or email addresses is in these cookies.
You could delete cookies from your device and change cookies setting in your chosen browser. Read how to delete cookies.
Cookies used on our website
We save the following cookies on your computer.
These cookies are necessary for our site to operate and do not contain personal data. We consider these cookies necessary to provide a service to the user. They are set to expire as soon as a user quits their browser:
- viewed_cookie_policy logs whether you have read the cookie notification popup.
- cerber_groove helps our site security by blocking attackers.
- wordpress_test_cookie tests if your browser accepts cookies
Third party cookies
Our website contains three types of third-party cookies:
- Usage and analytics
- Behavioural advertising
- Embedded content and social media
We do not control how a third party uses their cookies. Please check third party websites’ privacy policies.
1. Usage and analytics: Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical data about our visitors. We collect this information in a way that does not identify you and the data is not shared with anybody else.
- __utma keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site related to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred
- __utmb records moment in time when a visitor enters a site and expires at the end of the session
- __utmc records moment in time when a visitor leaves a site and expires after 30 minutes
- __utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on and what keyword was used.
- _dc_gtm sends the data to Google Analytics for us.
You can opt out of Google Analytics. This creates a cookie to remember to not use analytics on your visits, so you must have cookies enabled for your browser to remember this.
2. Behavioural advertising: Google DoubleClick
DoubleClick tags let us measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns and offer interest-based advertising to you when you are visiting other websites. The DoubleClick cookie information will not be used in conjunction with any personal information you might share with other Google services unless you have opted-in and provided consent.
- Opt out of advertising cookie tracking, using the Google Advertising cookie opt-out plugin.
- Manage your Google personal display ad, preferences and settings.
3. Embedded content and social media